At the Sun House our staff will assist you plan your days so that you get the most out of your stay in Galle.
The following are some of the great activities to do during your stay at The Sun House.
- Walking tour of the historic Galle Fort
- Travel back in time in our beautiful vintage Rover around the Fort
- Visit key temples & churches
- Shopping in & around Galle
- Snorkeling at Local Beaches
- Scuba Diving - Unuwatuna
- Deep Sea Fishing
- River Cruises
- Mountain bike riding with guide.
- Surfing & boogie boarding on nearby beaches
- Visit Lunuganga, The Country estate of Geoffrey Bawa. Open for cream teas, lunches & dinners.
- Visit a low land tea estate
- Water Skiing, windsurfing & other water sports – Bentota
- Overnight trip to Sinharaja Rainforest
- Day safari to Ude Walawe National Park
- Surfing lesson Midigama
- Visit Sri Lanka’s largest Silk Factory at Gintota
- See some of Sri Lanka’s best batiks at Ambalangoda (Dudley De Silva Batiks)
- Talini Lace – see where some of the worlds best lace is made.
- ½ day boat ride on Koggala lake
- Enjoy a delicious organic lunch and walking the stunning hills of the innovative organic farm, Samakanda.
- Whale and Dolphin watching from Merissa
- Antique browsing in Ambalangoda
- Nightlife in Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna
5km east of Galle town. It is the closest large beach with a wide sheltered bay good for swimming and a clear reef for diving.
Wijaya Beach, Thalpe
Just 15 minutes from The Sun House. It is a beautiful coral lagoon. Safe for children.
40 minutes south from Galle Town, Merissa Beach is great for boogie boarding and body surfing. Whale watching, Dinghy sailing and surfing lessons can be arranged
Historic Churches & Temples
The Dutch Groote Church, Church St, Fort Galle
Rumasala Japanese Peace Pagoda, Unuwatuna Headland.
Yatagala Temple, Yatagala
Massage & Spa
The Sun House can arrange for a massage at the hotel as well as a private yoga lesson.
Amangalla Spa, Galle Fort
The Light House Spa, Galle